Saturday, December 24, 2005

I'll be Home this Christmas

All it took was 2 weeks of holing up at the client's place from dawn to dusk.
With minimal human contact. Just difficult clients in the day and cab drivers at night:P
Catching snatches of carols - only in the washroom.
Hurriedly staving off meals & hunger with packets aft packets of biscuits.

To make me spend the eve of Christmas eve in a way I never thought I would.
To make the usually extremely crowd averse me raring/determined to step into Orchard on Friday:

- To witness and get shoved and pushed by the crowds
- To after a few knocks, learn how to retaliate by brazenly squeezing and snaking through the crowds. The only advantage of being short:)
- To partake in the queues - to get into cabs, to gift wrap presents, to find seats. Also to have the luxurious option of walking away haughtily snubbing the queue.
- To engage in a massive festive christmas food spree- even if its just feasting for the eyes:).
- To eat a fried instant noodle dish for dinner that turned out to be surprisingly good when I wouldn't be caught eating instant noodles even at home

Alright, I wasn't as boisterous as I expressed it. In fact,only 15 minutes of being swamped by the hoardes, I was already pleading to leave the place . But still..I consider it a feat that I was actually there:)

Thank you best fren, for braving the crowds with me. And painting the town red...well, maybe only with our loud voices. But that's enough:P

"I'll be home for Christmas.
You can count on me."
~ Whitney Houston, I'll be Home this Christmas


Yes, I am so glad I am home for Christmas. And it needn't be only in my dreams.* Big grinz*

Have a blessed Christmas, everyone. May you take the time to feel the warmth, joy and love of the season. And help spread the cheer too.

Merry Christmas!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWWWWW thanks best fren!!!!!!!
happy boxing day dear!!!!

26/12/05 10:31 AM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

You too! Sorry this is belated. I didn't know it wasn't published till today. But there's 11 more days of Christmas. Have a blessed one.

26/12/05 11:08 AM  
Blogger Sunflower said...

Happy Boxing Day, my dear dear friend!

Glad that there're 2 posts from u to enrich this festive season!! :)

26/12/05 12:53 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Hey dear...

Hope you had a good rest this Christmas wkend. And thanks for always being there:)

And now, we can only look fwd to e next holiday comin up. Which is soon. So hang in there:P

27/12/05 7:35 AM  
Blogger ernie bernie said...

Merry Christmas fren!
have been busy this festive season too, but its over- for now.

Rest well and play hard!!!
and if i may suggest, shopping is great stress-reliever!

POST CHRISTMAS SALE!!!! Here i come!

Muakz

30/12/05 2:18 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Ernie! wait for me to go shopping! I'm one step behind since i've to be on quarantine today! Hee...or you can go ahead and tell me where the good sales are. Have a great new year break gal:)

30/12/05 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home