Sunday, October 02, 2005

Learnt

In 2 weeks, I've learnt:


  • To balance on the jerky bus on the way to work to make use of those precious few minutes to reply the backlog of smses
  • Not to be embarrassed when I go down one escalator, and up another to find that I am back in the same spot in the maze called Raffles Place MRT station
  • To navigate the nooks and crannies to discover food places, decide on what to eat and gulp down lunch in less than 45 mins
  • 30 new names and forgot/mispronounced/mistook 20 of them at one time or another
  • The art of staring intently at the feet whenever in the elevator to minimise the meeting of gazes and the need for small talk
  • To shut up immediately upon entering the washroom no matter how harmless the conversation may seem
  • That the way to get many things done is to do it alone

For better or for worse, the work persona is developing.

10 Comments:

Blogger Sunflower said...

Wow~ Seems like our Cranberrymist here got a fan! So should I start calling u celebrity blogger?? Is that what u used to call me?? :p Anyway, I'm glad that u r FINALLY blogging again!! :p

2/10/05 10:17 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

Training in process... at least you've got so many new insights over the last few weeks! Keep up the learning.. & don't forget to share with me k... All the best for your job tomorrow! :)

2/10/05 11:38 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Windfall woman: I love cranberries too.Thx for dropping by:)

Sunflower: Why did u change ur nick? It's PRETTY sunflower:)... and yup, nowadays, if i do blog at all, it wld be on wkends. Wkdays, i've gotta work by being someone's no. 2 fan;)

Maddy: Thx gal for ur optimism and enthusiasm. It brings on the cheer:) All e best for ur job too!

3/10/05 9:35 PM  
Blogger eeky said...

:O u take the mrt to rp station in the mornings too? how come i haven't seen u anywhere around!! hmm, maybe if we're early enuf, one day, we can meet for bfast? if i can give up my beauty sleep that is. :D

4/10/05 11:24 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Tsk tsk...never read carefully. I did mention i take bus to work. But aniwei, won't be back in office for sometime...u tke care at work.

5/10/05 8:07 AM  
Blogger NA said...

Wow. I so get what you mean. My work persona somehow managed to develop during something as short as a 15-week internship! And it was so stifling. Not to mention tiring to maintain.

And the 45-minute lunch... Ah, I feel your pain!

6/10/05 7:07 AM  
Blogger angelene said...

very nice blog :) i like your writing style.. [got here thru karen's blog!] take care!

6/10/05 9:14 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

NA:I envy you, for being able to comment on blogs at 7.07am in the morning!Can't wait to cya soon:)...don't worry,i'd be sans mask. Hee.

Angel: Thx! So sweet of you to leave a comment...you take care too.

6/10/05 11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey gal...i truly enjoy reading ur blog.very entertaining :) i so understand how u feel! i'm going thru the same thing now for the clinical placement. so hard to make small talk during tea break and lunch! esp for my case when me n aussies colleagues hardly have common interests! hope ur days at work get better each day! -Kazzie-

7/10/05 10:14 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Hullo gal, yeah, I am equally if not more lousy in carrying on small talk.

And I enjoy reading your blog too- for the timely reminders of His words and promise:) U take care and hang in there till you get back ya?

9/10/05 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home