Sunday, October 16, 2005

More or Less

Sometimes,

The more one sleeps, the more lethargic one feels
The cheerier the tones of the entries, the darker one's mood is
The more one breaks into laughter, the more one chokes back tears within
The more one seeks to find answers, the more the questions that are left in the wake
The sweeter the moment is, the more bitter the aftertaste

There are times when,

The chirpier and animated I get talking about others, the more I hold back about myself
The more 'whatevers' I nonchantly utter, the more it actually matters and the more I care
The more I try to block myself from thinking of something/someone, the more it swirls and plays in my mind
The gentler the admonishment, the more reproachful I feel
The more I took things in my own hands, the less I relied on Him, the more worries, fears, obstacles and confusion befuddled me.

This, more or less...sums up the week.
For me. For family. For frens. For strangers.

A week of routine and surprises, lies and confessions, lost and found, trust and mistrust, leaps, wrestles, trips and triumphs. We've lost some and gained some.

But Lord, I no longer want to ask why. I no longer want to know why. For I KNOW, Your plan is the BEST PLAN. One that I never need to fret over, nor need to ponder if it can be relied on, up to standard or fool-proof. For one day, I would learn and recognise that it's the best path for me.
Even though fickle me may strongly believe today and doubt tomorrow, trust one day and
waver the next, be renewed today but battered tomorrow, thank You, Lord for never withdrawing Your promise to me.

A promise that would never be broken. The promise that would supply all the needs I ever had (Phil 4:19) so that I would " not walk in darkness, but have the light of life" (John 8:12).

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN. Enough said.
PS: This is not as drama as I thought it will be hee.
- purplefreak

16/10/05 8:28 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

The way to see by Faith is to shut the Eye of Reason. - Benjamin Franklin

God's ways are not our ways.. God work in miracles and in the incredible.. Praise God!

17/10/05 12:05 AM  
Blogger J said...

hugz cranberry... totally agree with what you say. esp the line 'The more 'whatevers' I nonchantly utter, the more it actually matters and the more I care'. sometimes it feels like you're just playing a role and not showing the real you.

and... don't worry abt tmw. coz tmw will worry abt itself. we may not know wat lies ahead, not know what's gonna happen tmw, not understand what's going on... but as the song goes 'i know who holds tmw, and i know who holds my hand' HUGZ...

17/10/05 12:26 AM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Purplefreak: How can I beat u in e drama dept:P...haha.

Maddy: Indeed, He works in miraculous ways. I jus gotta learn to trust Him a bit more each day.

J: Hee, J, i expected you to comment at like 3 or 4 am in e morning:P instead of 12am. And so long n contemplative somemore. I love it! Thx so much.

And really, I'm fine... n a big hug back:)

17/10/05 6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Superstar 2!! I love the last 2 lines of your entry. Indeed God is always faithful.

17/10/05 8:34 AM  
Blogger wl said...

Aw so reflective.. 船到桥头自然直 hugs! Btw, your first line so described my weekend, my mom is beginning to suspect I'm down with some lethargy disease.

17/10/05 12:38 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Superstar 1! How have you been? I miss our secret rendezvous! Even though cheesecakes and breads are always sold out cos u get mobbed by fans:P...

And yes, I pray that you will feel His presence and find comfort although u r away fr family,frens n fans here.

Wl: Yes shanghai baby, much as i wld miss ur presence shd you leave, I really hope you would be able to find and pursue your ambitions. U tke care k?

17/10/05 9:28 PM  
Blogger eeky said...

hmmz, this is prob irrelevant, but thot i'd leave u a msg so u know i'm still alive. haha. take care girlie!

22/10/05 7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup yup, can't help but to say AMEN to your blog! :)
Press on! Just to encourage you,I just learned in my recent shepherding lesson...God is a faithful God and similarly He is more concerned to see that we are faithful in doing His work than to be worrying whether we will succeed. Because if we are faithful in our walk with Him, He will definitely bless us abundantly =)

23/10/05 7:07 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Windfall woman: Thanks for still dropping by and leaving ur comments:)

Eeky: Finally you make an appearance. U take care too ya?

Kazzie: Thanks for the encouragement:) I'm so grateful to God for having all you frens in Christ to pick me up when I veer off course. God will see all of us through!

24/10/05 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home