Sunday, December 04, 2005

Giving and Taking

I have had to...

- Excuse myself from lunches with colleagues and absent myself from office functions and activities so as to meet up
- Furiously fend off the drowsiness at work and guilt of piling on the weight after all the heavy, greasy and carbo-laden lunches, dinners, suppers and drinks i was coaxed into having
- Watch my words & withdraw participation from 'news exchange' with others so as to keep that secret of yours
- Endure blisters standing there for 50 minutes waiting for the 'will be a lil late you'
- Postpone my sleeping time, time and again, sleep deprived as I am, to chat a little longer

But, in return,
- I receive encouraging , motivating and comforting smses in the morning to start the day off with a smile
- The day is made much more bearable when I have that lunch/dinner/supper meeting to look forward to that
- I have excuses to miss those networking functions and gatherings I have no desire to attend:P
- I have a chance to savour delicious dishes and desserts at new cafes and reminisce times at old ones
- I can look beyond my own miniscule problems to help a little when you confide your woes to me
- I get airtime to vent out all the pent up listlessness & frustrations within me to you who may not understand but still care enough to listen
- I get to enjoy, relax, laugh, unwind in the smashing company of you'll

It's because of you. All of you.


Taking turns-
To share and receive
Sometimes you talk, other times you listen
Sometimes you take initiative, other times you take a step back
Sometimes you give support, at others , you ask for help
Sometimes you cry, other times you lend a shoulder to cry on
Sometimes you write posts & read blogs, other times you comment (ahem, ahem:P)
Sometimes you give, other times you take.

Giving and taking. It's what friendship boils down to.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks girl for always being there. yeah friendship is all abt give and take. And having the maturity to know when what and how. And a generous sprinkle of God's love and blessing. LOVEYA!
purplefreak

4/12/05 10:56 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Thank you dear! For giving sooo much:)
And i love the way you put it, a generous sprinkle of God's love and blessings. So food recipe like:) Haha

4/12/05 11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

girl.. must come for chalet okie! -qi-

5/12/05 11:08 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Yes qi, I'll try- I wanna try XK's concotion aft all his delicious sounding MSN nicks. Ha. U enjoy urself in Taiwain and see u soon.

7/12/05 7:16 AM  
Blogger Maddy said...

This post really touches my heart.. the sweetness of friendships we have to hold.. I'm really glad i've found a friend in you.. i wonder wat life would be like if you weren't there to listen.. to talk.. to give and take.. I wouldn't trade it for any other! Thanks for just being there...

With lots of Love, of those given and those taken.. From Me

Real friendship is exchanging secrets, rolling over like a puppy and exposing the soft underbelly. You tell your friend the truth, and you feel the friendship growing - like a bank account - with each upfront opinion you give, with each honest answer you hear. - Adair Lara

7/12/05 2:55 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Aww, maddy dear,ur comment's so sweet.Really, thank you for always tryin n being there:)

U hav a blessed hols ya?

7/12/05 10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet the "leave a comment" part must be for me huh?

Anonymous

16/12/05 3:39 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Haha...anonymous dear. I am glad you caught the hint. Appreciate all your morning smses these days and thx for putting up with my whinings. Have a blessed wk ahead ya?

18/12/05 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home