Saturday, November 26, 2005

Just for Laughs

There are the trivial and heavily used lolz and and ROFLs that pepper nearly every sentence on MSN and in smses

There are the perfectly timed and executed hahas to mitigate and ease the mood after a serious, possibly offending statement/view rendered

There are the ice-breaking heehees that's autoemitted to the humourless jokes that the newly made aquintance just keeps on telling

There are the hahas, heehees, hurhurs that are uttered and dilligently rotated to avoid monotonousness as replies to indicate presence on online conversations which one is caught in/ have no wish to participate in

The are the hahas that encrypt the indignance felt and give a misguided sense that one's happy, sweet and all things nice

...

I've laughed too much like these in recent days, when nothing's funny, when nothing's tickling my nerves, when the laughs are learned and practised reflexes.
What i need now is a good, long, side-spilitting,biological, natural laugh- the uncontrollable kind, the ill-timed ones, the inappropriate one, the crappy ones
Like those in primary school that a friend and I try so hard to stifle cos the teacher's scolding us and it's so not right to laugh. Suppose to look all remorseful and repentant y'know.
Like those in school/ library, in the middle of the night, when the stress level hits a common chord in all of us, and our funny nerves get triggered by the silliest things. Nobody knows what is so funny but we laugh all the same.Heartily, heaving, hyperventiliating, till we are in stitches.
Good stomach workout I would say. Considering I havent been doing crunches for quite a while.

I need a laugh, to indulge myself this weekend when I've to work both Sat and Sun. Haha.
Now...what kind of laugh was tt?;)

8 Comments:

Blogger J said...

hmm... totally agree with u on this. but i'm sure the side splitting laughs will come when u're doing OT into the wee hrs of the morning, when everyone's just tired and drained, when your brain's not working and u all begin to crap. that's when the sillest talk happens and everyone's laughing over nothing at all. plenty of chances for that in the upcoming peak. jia you my friend!

26/11/05 10:03 AM  
Blogger Sunflower said...

Yup,I agreed with j.. My fellow A10s always say I like to talk to myself when we were working late and we will start to crap nonsense and laugh like nobody's business.. :p

By the way, I was thinking about our long hours in the library doing QM report before CNY.. Ha~ Remember?? We tried so hard to refrain ourselves from laughing when that Ang Moh almost fell from his chair! :p

Miss you so much! Must meet up one of these days and laugh till we drop ok?? :)

26/11/05 5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh dear this sounds like it has repressed undercurrents!
Never mind. laugh together with me.
1- 20 go:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!
- purplefreak

26/11/05 8:00 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

J: I did have a relatively gd laugh last sat...but at ernie's expense, * blush* Hope she doesnt mind:) And you hang in there too!Tke care k?

Sunflower: How can i forget that laugh? I wasnt even laughin at him, he jus triggered it. Come to think of it, i actually miss doing projects. Haha...and the late night madness. And yes, we shd meet up soon!!

Purplefreak:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...and i'm ending it off with a big smile. *Hugs* Thanks for being there dear.

27/11/05 8:33 AM  
Blogger eeky said...

hmmz. when i laugh really loud and unnaturally, it means that i'm super stressed and on the verge of a breakdown.

but when i laugh at my free-est and most um, natural, my former piano teacher perhaps summed it best in one word. she told me that i laughed like a pontianak. :|

which i wonder how she knows. she prob heard one, not me. hEEEeeehEEeeeehEEeee~!

30/11/05 9:15 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Okie eeky, well done. You made me smile, not laugh yet but getting there:)

4/12/05 8:43 AM  
Blogger NA said...

Heheh. This post made me laugh. :D

And HELLO!! Long time no talk and see. Hope everything's going OK.

9/12/05 4:48 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

HELLO NA! :) Yeah, it's been quite some time since we met. Hope to catch up soon and have lots of fun with ur newly adopted cat:P

18/12/05 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home