Sunday, October 09, 2005

To You who Bumped into Me

Hi colleague,

On weekdays, I didn't make eye contact or say hi to you because:

- I was in a rush and was too lazy to slap any concealer/make up on those dark circles and zits
- I was running late and I still can't run fast enough in those heels to make it to the office in time if i stopped to talk
- I couldn't remember your name and don't want to resort calling you 'eh'
- I haven't read the newspaper/ listened to the weather forecast on radio so I don't know enough to sustain a discussion with you on the weather all the way from the bus stop to the office
- Much as I would love a break, I don't want to take MC (at least not at the moment) after you loudly announced your presence by shooting uncovered sneezes in my direction, charmed me with your raspy voice and electrified me with your beady, sore and red eyes.

However, this weekend, I didn't say hi again and seemed desperate to go...

- Not because I am high-strung and antisocial (but that said, perhaps I am:P)
- Not because I was too embarrassed of how slack I looked, with thick glasses and dishevelled hair
- Not because you were a pain to talk to

But because I was in the midst of an activity:
- Which turns on the passion and adrenalin rushes
- Which I hate to be interrupted, in case it foils my strategy
- That required my utmost focus and concentration to plan ahead-
i) on what food/meals I had to sacrifice the next few days,
ii) of how I am going to appease my mum and get her acceptance when I get home,
iii) of how I can make my way around the imposed limit.

I was at (click on the link)...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AIYO GIRL AH!
i have nothing to say! haha
my funky aunty who loves bread!
-purplefreak!

9/10/05 9:56 PM  
Blogger J said...

hahaha!! you!! i was there too! and the whole time i was trying to pick out what i wanted, i was thinking of u. i knew u'd go crazy after coming to know abt this promo. hahah.

9/10/05 11:31 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Purplefreak: Don't need to say anything. I won't be able to absorb it too...at least not when I was queuing:)

J: And u din tell me abt it! Thankfully, I had other frens who alerted me to the promo. Or else, I wld be grouchy for an entire wk leh. Surely U dun wanna hear me whining. Hee.

10/10/05 6:15 AM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Hee, thx! Tt's kind of you...aren't you'll sick of the lists? I wish I can write more prose instead of lists and lists only.:)

16/10/05 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home