Sunday, September 18, 2005

It's Time

When tomorrow comes,

There won't be...
- The struggle to recall what day of the week it is
- Short-lived guilt of being too lazy to exercise
- A leisure, multi-course breakfast
- The newspaper flip-through from cover to cover- even if it's only to glance at headlines and celebrity gossips
- Luxury of sitting and eating throughout the entire duration of the buffet lunch/hi-tea to make the money tt's paid worth it

I can't ...
- Be yawning out of boredom openly and tearing blatantly
- Smile/frown/laugh aloud at the laptop and type loudly on the keyboard
- Have 2 hours allowance to get ready to leave home and yet still be late, becos I HAD to pluck out the wisp of white hair I spotted
- Continue my experiments with naps and permutations with variables like frequency and duration of naps . The likes of having 2 short naps on a day and one long one on another...
- Retreat into my cocoon and shut off the rest of the world as and when I please/ feel like being alone

I shouldn't expect anymore of ...
The extravagance of having time and freedom on hand
The lavish splurge of months, days and hours away
The procrastination
The sloth

There would be no more of...
Concession for my inexperience
Sympathies for my problems and plight
Tolerance towards my self-indulgence and outbursts
Patience for my incompetence
Forgiveness for my mistakes

It's time...
To trade in the carefree, lazy lifestyle

Work is beckoning.

It's tough. It's fearful.
And yet, He only asks that I...
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
God, I need you. Every step of the way.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sunflower said...

Hey gal, welcome to the work force!! Think u will really appreciate ur weekends and holidays now that u don't have the luxury of time.. But anyway, hope u find joy in whatever things u do! Good Luck! :)

18/9/05 10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ALL THE BEST!
GOd's with u!
- your ardent fan, purplefreak.

18/9/05 11:02 PM  
Blogger NA said...

Good luck!!

And remember, the weekend is only 4.5 days away! :)

19/9/05 12:44 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Thank you all. Hope all's well for you'll too- at work/play:)

19/9/05 8:43 PM  
Blogger eeky said...

my intern is a funky ger. v fashionable. and somehow, she just reeks of caishan.

but before i left, i thot she looked a bit like zhao wei also.

but ah, i think, in her mind, she so wanna strike it rich or sth. kept sayg she wanna meet a rich banker. :S

haha, but so far, ok lah, quite hardworkg

21/9/05 9:01 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

eeky, why did you use reek? it sounds v negative leh.

Btw, so out of pt. Here- u talk abt me, me and me ok... not abt some intern. *pouts*

And....i also wanna mit a rich banker!!:P

21/9/05 11:21 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

Everybody is saying it.. but i think you said it best! But i'm with you every step of the way... literally! ;)

21/9/05 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home