Saturday, December 31, 2005

Bye 2005!

I only have 2 minutes to sum the year up if i want to post this entry up on this last day of 2005. And i am ill-prepared. Very.
Pardon the need to go back in time, when you read this on 2/1/2005 morning (most probably), cos i will backdate it.
To remember i did try to start the post on 31/12/2005. Also so that the title is still valid:P


The title of this post is deceptively more nonchalant than how I really feel tonight about bidding farewell to 2005.
So the obsession with date.
To cling on to the last moments of 2005 even as the clock ticks away.

As always, the missing and appreciation comes only when its gone.
If i had my way, I would stall time and not step into the new year. But at the rate that I am wishing for that almost every single year, I will still be stuck in yr 2000.
I'm starting to miss 2005 - for its good, bad, happy, sad and how I've lived/endured/ survived through it.
...

1) Getting closer and keeping in touch with friends I never thought I can get along with
Losing contact with firm friends

2) Resisting even a trim of the hair above shoulder length for ages
Then deciding to shorn it short in a couple of minutes

3) Puzzled and trying to recall what I saw in the top that made me splurge so much on it a few seasons back
To fall back in favour for a top from years back that was never worn cos I considered it far too outlandish

4) Unable to keep up with the tempo, energy of those English raps I've grew up listening
Discovering how I can actually identify with many of the Chinese ballads

5) Always habouring the fantasies, freedom and independence of living alone/abroad
To be proved so wrong.
Making Home- one of my favourite songs of the year and realising there's, really, no place like home.

6) Putting judgement that certain people/jobs/things/actions would not be sought after/fancied too quickly
Finding out - to each his/her own.
There would be someone out there that would be sharp enough to spot, find and pursue the gem that nobody saw and do wonders with it

7) Disappointing myself - for failing at stuff I thought i'm/was fully capable of &
Surprising myself- making it through the difficult times
I've been both humbled and awed this year

8) Overestimating how mature, collected, in control, pragmatic I am/can be
Underestimating how vulnerable, disoriented, lost and confused I can get relying on myself
I need God. Memorise and remember it!!

9) To learn that all lists dun necessarily have to have 10 points to make it complete:P

2005.
Unpredictability.Fragility. Frivolity. Surprises. Shocks. Cold. Warmth. Twists. Turns
Giving and taking chances.
Just like any year. But yet unique in its own way.

A year soon to go down in history
Prepared or not,
Yet another year coming along- fast and furious.

7 Comments:

Blogger eeky said...

hahah! happy new year girlie!

don't bluff, you definitely took more than 3 min to write all that huh? :P

in any case, may the year of the dog truly be our year!

Doggone it!

2/1/06 4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey best fren. do u realise that your this post seems to have my writing style in it? the full stops after each word at the end and the lists thing! HAHA. I know u never follow me lah. ;) HEH. LOVEYA!

2/1/06 7:51 PM  
Blogger NA said...

Happy New Year! Hope it'll be as unique as the ones that have come before it. :)

3/1/06 9:17 AM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Eeky: Yes, yes. After I knew it was impossible for me to beat the clock, i took one day's leave and continued on monday:)

All the best for you! Have the dogged perserverance to find sth better k? :p

Best fren:I may have been influenced cos I've been readin so much of ur blog mah. But hee, no complaints. And bleah, i seems to only be able to write in list. I wanna write more prose!!


NA: Hey there, Happy New Year to you too! I sure hope it would be unique in the right ways. And not weird...for all of us. Cheers:)

3/1/06 7:53 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

some belated proper new year wishes..

I’ll like to wish that this year brings you more,
Love, Joy, Hope and Peace…
Even as the day passes one by one..
As the time flies by once again,
That this year you’ll treasure like no other…

but better late than never! :D

7/1/06 1:16 AM  
Blogger eeky said...

Pls Ma'am, can i have some more?

haha. as you know, eeky's been v bored these coupla days. you going for grace's tmr? it's at esplanade. somehow, haha, i don't think you are. :)

in any case, have a swell wkend.

7/1/06 9:50 AM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Maddy: Happy New Year to you too. Gee...i haven't even welcome 2006 on my blog yet. So your greetings r still considered early:P

Eeky: More of what?
I'm waiting for e review of her concert on your blog! You take care k?

10/1/06 12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home