Saturday, August 26, 2006

Pleasing Displeasures

Just a morning ...
And already, lots of things can get me down

Pondering as to how last night just seemed to vanish
Wondering why is it I did not sleep early despite not accomplishing anything
Disgusted as to why I still end up running and rushing after the bus though I've woke up so early

Why is it pple can be so selfish? weather's so grey? frens are so occupied? life's so hard?
Why is my life so boring? the week so painfully long?
Why are things so confusing? Why am i so unfortunate?


"Everything in the world displeases me: but, above all, my displeasure in everything displeases me." -Friedrich Nietzsche

I like this quote:) So aptly put.

The grass would always be greener on the other side.
If one chooses to be colourblind and deaf - to the colours, to the tunes.
Whining blocks the melody and harmony
Complaining shuts out praises and thanksgiving

Everyone has problems.
And everyone's problems are the gravest and most massive in their own view. Small and minuscule in the view of others.
Cos everyone's circumstances are different, perspectives vary and approaches would change accordingly

There's no point in lamenting and indulging in self pity
And wondering how pple have it good
No one does, really.

Sounds harsh rite? That's why i can never be a good teacher. I leave that to Miss Koh to put it in milder terms. Her synonymous entry is 'count your blessings'. Haha.


Enough for whining and complaining for me.
I've had enough of nonsense this week- my own and that of others.

I've got to do what's needed, ignore, forget and quit lamenting what i can't control, be receptive to the blessings every step of my way and pray, pray, pray.

It's the lovely weekend once again. Make the effort to have a blessed one:)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah piang I see my name. *glares*
you're right: even having a good weekend requires effort lest one dwells in a ruthole of self-pity or drown oneself w work. such is the deliberate life.

26/8/06 11:18 PM  
Blogger eeky said...

enjoy this wkend, and pls tell me abt the next one. :)

27/8/06 9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

come cheer up its the weekend . and there's at least one thing to be cheery over: i can access your site without national censors!! been quite a few days. oh well and you can laugh over my J boys too.

27/8/06 6:45 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Anonymous: I had a good wkend- even with the flu and all:)And i'm sure u did too.

eeky: yes! see u next wkend...

wl: awww...i'm fine. but J boys are not a laughing matter...am trying to find MY j boys for u to know so u can get to the right one more quickly. heehee.

28/8/06 7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maddy:

Yep.. This is the BEST explanation of why we always whine by far... I guess we shld all press on to be more positive! Practice makes perfect... ;)

3/9/06 11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha i m guilty of always whining too! it is ok to whine if it makes u feel better after dat i guess! hope everything is going on well in ur life!

7/9/06 5:43 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Maddy: Yeah, i think i've done it quite well (- not to whine), now to practise it more with ur 'do a little more' kind of actions:)

Purple raindrop: Hey, thanks for dropping by. Hope u had lots of fun during ur holiday.

Enjoy ur wkend! Wld i see you gals at e buffet thing??

8/9/06 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home