Friday, June 02, 2006

At the End of the Day

Preface

For those who regularly check the blog, this entry was actually posted up sometime ago.
For 24 hours or so, before I decided to take it down again.
I had let a warped fear get to me and overcome me once again - that things may go wrong cos I've verbalised and announced it. That what I really want would slip me by when others know. So awkward and embarrassing then. Cursed? Jinxed? Watever.
As much i hated the way this train of thoughts ran, i fall prey to it time and again.

"You of little faith, why did you doubt?" (Matthew 14:31).
Indeed, I have access to inherit the best assurance, and yet, i choose to worry, fear and fret. So silly, really.

So yes, i have reposted it cos there are really some pple i want to thank- whether things do work out eventually or not. For that, I just have to learn, remember and remind myself again and again that I just have to trust God.


It's very easy to hear and partake in good news
Very easy to compose the message. Any word works.
Very easy to smile, hug and announce
Very easy to be there: to celebrate, feast and cheer
Very easy to welcome and embrace

But to those, who have to hear of the troubles, anxiety and frustrations before and beneath the good,

Who have to be burdened and affected by your problem on top of their own
Who have to be sensitive and careful about their reply msges
Who put away their tight deadlines at work or elsewhere, to sms/call/email, help, counsel, advise and encourage
Who willingly asked, then shared the anxiety, endured the coldfeet and suspense and kept the secrets

At the end of the day, it's not the good news that count so much.
The good news may unravel and come undone anytime
And surely, many more sighs, fears, disappointments, failure would be installed in the days to come
The elation would be doused
The ego wld soon be bruised again

The happiness of moments will fizzle and fade
But it doesn't matter.
Cos I'll remember and be grateful-
The sincerity, warmth, support, encouragement and prayers of you'll- family, frens and God.

Thanks... for being there:)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)
-bestfren.
(and in answer to your question, i didn't get to the gym today. woke up late. i think u can guess why. LOVEYA)

2/6/06 12:06 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

Yeah.. saw it when ya first posted it.. But hey, no qns asked.. I love ya just the same...

God and His mysteries.. It's hard to trust but we get better with practise.. ;)

3/6/06 3:30 AM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Very repetitive I know, but I don't care. Thanx, thanx, thanx...for standing by me gals!:)

3/6/06 7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

-hugs- as with everything else, hehe the key is, don't think too much . don't expect too much. and you'll not be so bugged down by the little things.

4/6/06 4:45 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

What sound advice from my wise fren:)

Was waitin for ur comment to thank u personally. It really meant a lot tt u were ard to render help when it was most needed.

THANK YOU!

5/6/06 6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha. wah. *honored* what does it show - distance only binds us closer not further apart. so mushy. did I just type that? err I think it's the alter ego at work.

5/6/06 3:22 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

WL, all along, i regard you as a good fren. If you had any other feelings, I'm sorry.

Don't mislead potentials here liddat leh...Hurhurhur.

6/6/06 10:24 AM  
Blogger eeky said...

choke choke splutter cough cough bleah.

oops. sorry, mucus everywhere now.

hahaha.

6/6/06 9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

potentials. hehe. if they are potentials then I also stand as a good potential too mah.

7/6/06 5:24 PM  
Blogger eeky said...

woooohoo! i make perfect 10! haha.

eh eh eh. you bluff me one. you dun wanna date me at all! thurs i on half day again.

got some plans. contact me if interested.

haha.

9/6/06 11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home