Monday, May 22, 2006

On MC

Guess I've finally succumbed to the virulent blog disease that has plagued many of my frens
lately, insidious symptoms include weariness, jadedness and ambivalence which result in increasingly sporadic updates or the close- down of blogs.

While the desire to blog is still there - I do feel a certain need to keep up with my entries on a frequent basis, there are too many times now, I would jus stare at the blogging screen with absolutely nothing I feel like writing about. Or even when there's something I want to share, the tone, mood and pace comes out halting, unsatisfactory or all wrong.

Recent posts have been rather laboured, time consuming attempts, composed over many hours and yet coming out all pedestrain and clinical. And I have lost the spontaneity, the fervour, and cathartic release as it was then, where fingers flew over the keyboard, where the things to blog about just overflow, where entries felt lighter, funnier and more natural.

So , I've decided to take blog mc for now, before the zeal wanes any further, or worse, those malicious germs of blog fatigue spread to my other 'healthy' blogging frens.

Drop me a comment if anyone of you out there know of any remedy or cure k? Vaccinations would be even better:P

It's just for the moment, not for too long I hope...

7 Comments:

Blogger Maddy said...

Hey babe,

Blog MC? That's a new term at least.. don't take too long yeah?! Just get the much needed rest for ur zeal and zest to be refresh! I'm gonna miss this for a long long while...

22/5/06 10:48 PM  
Blogger Sunflower said...

Haha~ Am I one of those "healthy' blogging friends you are referring to??

Well.. Agree with you that sometimes I just don't know what to write or simply don't feel like writing.. But then, I'll always come back to "life" on weekends.. :)

22/5/06 11:57 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Maddy: Haha, since i'm not entitled to take MC for now, decided to settle for blog mc ;).And nope, no more rest for me, i think i dunno how to rest properly, it kind of makes me sicker.

Sunflower: You are of course in the pink of health with ur wkend entries!Can't wait for the next wkend:P

Keep blogging if u can babes...even if i dun blog regularly, i'm a loyal reader/commentor!

23/5/06 9:35 AM  
Blogger eeky said...

haha. i think my "illness" started way before yours. and this must surely be one of my fave entries of urs. esp like the title.

i'm despondent in a sort of way. guess i'm avoiding many things also. don't know for what.

23/5/06 10:07 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

eeky: dunno wat to say except tt no matter how bad it is, it has to end someday. So hope things get sorted out soon!

24/5/06 9:21 PM  
Blogger eeky said...

so tired. eeky is so tired.

gotta slog my guts out this wkend too. till 10pm.

can i just take MC? hah.

24/5/06 10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think the cure just arrived I hope. happy things to blog on. i officially declare you OFF mc!

26/5/06 3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home