Saturday, September 03, 2005

The Sound of Music...

I like it when I hear my favourite songs on radio
Balming out those noisy and jarring music
Giving instant relief to the DJs incessant coo-ing
The refreshing breather, the welcomed change
A pleasant surprise
In the pre-dawn & post-midnight darkness and quiet

From the beginning when the prelude begins and familiarity hits
To the end when the coda calms
The sentiments flow, the emotions surge


Triggering those poignant stories and memories of the past
Conjuring images of the future
Pouring forth the words and feelings I have held back and stashed away
Recalling the chronicles with snippets and shadows of our lives

My songs- whose company chides, comforts, taunts and assures

Melancholic lyrics and soulful melodies
Witty lyrics and catchy tunes

Songs that make me sob a little and smile a little
That motivate me to run a little faster
Yet pull me back to linger a little longer
Songs that make me contemplate a little and enthuse a little
That strike a chord and tug the heart
Reviving the memories that aches a little and soothes a little

"When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad"
~ My Favourite Things, Sound of Music

2 Comments:

Blogger Maddy said...

Such a beautiful note.. glad to know some1 who is on the same page as me in this area.. i love the radio too.. and my favourite songs..

There was once some1 asked me wat song i would choose to be replayed over and over again for the rest of my life.. My reply: Bon Jovi's "Thank you for loving me".. cos for just remind me of all those who impacted my life.. especially those who love me and whom i love.. people like urself! :)

How about u...Wat's your song?

4/9/05 4:49 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Hee... yeah,one of e 1st thing i learnt abt u is tt you like Bon Jovi. I've 'accumulated' lots of fave songs. But this yr's definitely include Buble's Home and Damien Rice's The Blower's Daughter:)

4/9/05 11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home