Saturday, April 01, 2006

Lovely




I looked at the watch and recognised the time as 6pm
I took in a whiff and was silently triumphant to have guessed the scent correctly
I saw the colours of the sky change and let the first drops of musky rain fall n moisten my parched lips
I answered a call and detected a zest in the voice replacing the dull drone that has been mine for sometime
I walked and found a bounce in my steps
I ate and savoured the succulence of the food as i took time to chew
I hummed and was glad i was back in tune and no longer flat
I smiled and enjoyed a genuine endorphin rush and radiance melt the plastic grim smiles I've been wearing to face the world

However fleeting this feeling may be
I'm in love
All over again
Falling head over heels...

With this life of mine:)

My senses
It's slowly seepin back
Watch this space...

6 Comments:

Blogger Sunflower said...

Hey gal! Am happy for u that u r finally the master of ur own life again.. No more late nights, uncertainties, deadlines, unreasonable clients, managers, colleagues for the time being..

How I wish I can say that my life is "lovely" now.. A manager just openly exclaimed, not once, but thrice yesterday, that I am slow.. *Faint* U just need one of such people to give u the urge to throw in the big letter..

Slow.. Indeed.. Perhaps I am too slow to fit into the audit world.. Time to change my career path?? :p

1/4/06 3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi gal,

heehee glad u finally saw the sun at the end of the day again!

do keep in touch even though u have left the firm... we will miss u!

XinYi =)

1/4/06 7:06 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Haha...pretty sunflower, sorry to keep you waiting for so long to post this comment of urs:)

Dun care abt the mgr, its too silly a way to spend the precious wkend. Hope ur facial was gd and therapeutic. I'm scared to go for facial now, after not goin for so long. The beautician wld surely nag non-stop.

Xinyi: Thanks for dropping by:) I hope that sun will shine for all of us. U tke care ya?

1/4/06 10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY u are finally blogging again!
This is the perfume i blogged abt ages ago too!
U sound so much happier. There's this cheerful countenance to the tone of this post. YAY for you!
- bestfren

1/4/06 10:54 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

Hi Babe!

Cheers for your new found joy.. just wish i could say the same.. It's great to see you back to the same old cheerful self, could see ya beaming the last time we met!

And yes please go have all the wholesome rest and beauty treats you need... and just take this time to just stop and smell the flowers.. Hope that ur loveliness would shine through and spread to all of us as well... :)

2/4/06 12:54 AM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Yes best fren, it was cos of tt post tt i went to try it n was glad i still remember the scent..it did make me feel a tad lovelier. Can't say I'm entirely cheery but yeah, i'm trying to be:)

Maddy: Thx babe for all your prayers. We all go thru peaks and troughs. U hang in there and soon, you'll see e rainbow ya? Hugs.

3/4/06 7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home