Sunday, August 07, 2005

Days of Our Life

There are good days when:

No one can dash the top-of-the-world feeling
You can't wipe that grin off the face
You feel light, with a skip in those steps despite feasting on delicious cakes heavily laden with butter and creamy cheese
Setbacks are taken in the stride
Follies of the past are forgiven
You bounce back after disappointments with zest and optimistism
You seek solace, find comfort and are firmly anchored in His words and teachings

Then, there are bad days, when:

Everything seems wrong
And you can't pin down what exactly's troubling you
Such that even thick, smooth, rich chocolate don't uplift the mood

A neverending string of woes betide upon you
Problems gnaw and dishearten and self-doubt plagues
Fear creeps in and the past comes back to haunt

You replay and magnify mistakes made and cringe at the ways you handled them
The only words you can manage are bleahs , blahs and the :S icon on MSN
Weariness, jadedness and pessimism sap the energy
Listlessness set in, melancholy seeps in
You wish you were a tad more nonchalant letting go of that something/someone

Faith wavers, you falter
Songs and verses fail to console
You realise that it's not that easy to obey and to hand over control

Days in and out
The happy and the sad
The highs and the lows
The ups and the downs
The weaknesses-
Through which the Lord's strength is made perfect.

Oh Lord, help me believe in this today.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Hi all,

As if to further substantiate how it's like on bad days, was told by some that the comments link couldnt work.

But...i've fixed it. Muahh, i love the word 'fixed'- make me sound so high-techie. Shan't tell you'll how i did it;)

Aniwei...so pls comment k. After all e 'efforts' i spent regenerating the link.:)

9/8/05 8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have changed what I decided to write here.
It just dawned on me that the contents of this post is relevant now, and still will be 10, 20, 30 years on! It's timeless!
Anyhow, come what may, God will def be faithful! That is the unchanging fact! Thank goodness man.Especially when all you have is a drama life that you can hold on to. HAHA.
- purplefreak

9/8/05 2:42 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Erhmm, purplefreak, your life's VERY drama, not mine k:P - mine's boring,like my blog.

And indeed, He is always there keeping us safe in the crazy world.

"You keep me safe in a crazy world
And in your arms I find the strength to believe in me again"
~ Safe in a Crazy World, Corrinne May

10/8/05 8:43 AM  
Blogger Sunflower said...

Eh high-techie, since u so high-tech, wanna help me solve my problem?? :p Now not only I can't log on to windows, I'm stuck at the restart screen cos I went to reinstall Windows when my lappy is on Safe Mode.. :( Think I gotta bring my office lappy home oredi.. But on a happier note, I got broadband oredi!! Yeah!!

11/8/05 10:27 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Jannie: Eh, u dun need me to help you with computer problems alrdy (as if i ever can help:P)...gotso many guardian angels on ur blog offering u help:)

15/8/05 8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home