Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Listen to your GP teacher

Remember what your GP teacher said.
Don't laugh
Don't jeer
Don't nod off
Don't forget the lessons after the 'A's

Cos that's what foolish me did
And I am suffering the consequences now
I DIDN'T WIN THE AUTOGRAPHED CORRINE MAY CD !
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!


"Read and understand the question carefully. Don't plunge into writing straight away"

DJ: And now is the chance for you to win Corrinne May's autographed CD. Send ur sms with Love, ur name, IC, and the reasons...

With my rapid fingerskills,
I punched in my name, IC and the reason: The perfect CD that teaches, encourages, touches, heals and inspires. Songs for every season in time.
Sent the message off
Hmmz, for once, I am quite satisfied with my answers. Think, I may stand a fighting chance.

DJ: and the reasons why you deserve to win her CD!

Lesson #1: Out of Point. Nothing else matters.

"Write simply. Just state what's necessary. Don't be superfluous. There's no need for flowery language"

DJ: Congratulations goes to the first winner and his reason is, I can't sleep without listening to her songs

Lesson #2:

I can't sleep without listening to her songs -->2 verbs
The perfect CD that teaches, encourages, touches, heals and inspires.--> 5 verbs

Who won? Enuff said.

"Write in the shoes of your marker- they go thru thousands of scripts. Try to understand how they think to impress"

DJ: The 2nd winner is XXX and she says she deserves to win because, corrinne may's songs put tears in her eyes. Awww...this CD is for you, honey....

Lesson learnt: Haiz....There were sooo many clues when she was interviewing Corrinne May. She said Corrinne May's songs made her cry, melted her heart. And after all, she's hosting...Love Songs. Sharks!

Yes, GP teacher.
I am sorry for blaming my lousy GP grades on your tyrannical teaching style, your insistence on fontsize 12, times new roman writing with 2 fingers spacing for each paragraph and your mood swings.
Sorry for boring you so much you always nod off in class.
Sorry for misleading you into misunderstanding our meekness and silence as cockiness
Sorry to have stared at the window longingly when you were teaching us gerunds and indirect speech unlike other teachers bringing them thru current issues and lively debates.

The least i could do now, is to do corrections(in green of course- i didn't forget that was the designated corrections colour for those long essays).

Why I deserve Corrinne May's CD:

1. She made me believe in Love once again

2. Her songs introduced me to Class 95FM and I can't stop loving it now!

3. Her songs soothe me like hot cocoa on a rainy day

More reasons here


7 Comments:

Blogger eeky said...

hahahaha.

need i say more? ;)

3/8/05 8:27 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

smart eeky...i see you pick up lessons really fast:P

5/8/05 8:51 AM  
Blogger Sunflower said...

Hey gal, I like this post!! So hilarious!

5/8/05 9:52 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

GP... Fundamentals that refuse to stick to us.. I can totally relate! But hey.. at least u gave it a try! haha...

7/8/05 11:57 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Jannie: Thx gal though i'm still sore abt not winning e CD and the tix to her show:P

Maddy: Dun forget your GP,gal! Unless u wanna learn things the hard way like me. Sighz.

8/8/05 8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Superstar 2, as a consolation to not getting the corrine may CD, my manager has offered to give you 2 free autographed CDs of my lastest album. Oh and also,
"I am sorry for blaming my lousy GP grades on your tyrannical teaching style, your insistence on fontsize 12, times new roman writing with 2 fingers spacing for each paragraph and your mood swings."
Remember how she said your handwriting on the essay looked like wild grass. I was trying sooo hard to stifle my laughter after she said that. Those were the days...

9/8/05 7:59 AM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Superstar 1! Thanks so much for endorsing my blog! Let me tell you tt as much as I admire and rave abt corrinne may, she can't beat my idolation of you. I'm ur no.1 fan!

And thx for the PUBLIC reminiscence of my handwriting. But being superstars, we all understand tt we can't pls everyone can we? It's a pity she doesn't appreciate my handwriting and well,i mus admit its partly true cos Chinese is my FORTE and I am more well-versed in Chinese calligraphy.Muahhhhh! ;)

9/8/05 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home