Thursday, February 10, 2005

The Guide to being a Star

I have come to believe I am a superstar in the making at this time of the year. Where I get lots of exposure and opportunities to hone my skills in dealing with the media in the future. The following are but some excerpts...


1) I am forced to keep in touch and verbalise my vital stats (which i am constantly in denial of) for relatives' and friends' comparative analysis for their kids.

2) As if that is not torturous enough, I am made to stand beside and be dwarfed by the towering kids of today for their proud parents' viewing pleasure. Do kids nowadays all play basketball and drink milk like tap water? And oh, I should have known better that heels are of no use, I have to step into the house.

PS: J- you had it good, all u had to do was to stand beside your sis.

3) After the 'what' and the 'how', comes the painful 'why' and a detailed analysis of exactly which part of the body contributes to the shortness. Huh? Am i suppose to know why? Err...can i take a peek at the contents of the ang pow first before I field the question?

4) Every check of the handphone invites smiling and knowing glances which proceeds into an interrogation session of the all- too- popular boyfriend issue.

5) Lesson learnt: The more I vehemently deny having one, the more the parappazis out there insist that I do, with young kids chipping in with evidence of spotting me at xxx place with aaa/bbb/ccc. A piece of advice to speed out the receipt of that red packet: give a coy smile, in true superstar fashion, I almost wanted to add- we are just good friends.

And young kids : Beware of karma! I was once that inquisitive gal you'll are now...

6) The least you want to appear as when you are star is to be perceived as cocky ( how appropriate for the new year) . Rest assured, with mum around, telling people not to give us angpows until we greet so and so, cockiness would never be the case.

7) Being obliging is key to being welcomed as a star, and that includes taking second, third, fourth and fifth helpings. Being full doesn't exist in the vocabulary of many.

8) Learn to conceal jealousy and envy well- at those who can eat gallons and yet, look ravishing and svelte in that lovely dress spotted but sadly, cant fit into.


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol...But its true, i saw you with xxx...

11/2/05 9:39 AM  
Blogger eeky said...

hey gal. saw ur sms today. u mean u cannot read my bloggie? can u just ignore the debugger? i've a prob with that cos i dunno how to link up the silly comments box. have not got the time to research into it again these coupla days. i'll go delete the wrong stuff once i get the time. in the meantime, just ignore the debugger popup ok? haha. :P

as for 120 hits, i think it'd be more fun hitting a person than a webbie. but then, hitting on u... that sounds so wrong.

11/2/05 7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi cranberrymist, one major factor that prevents you from being an all rounded star is bilingualism.(English and Mandarin in your case) If you're not bilingual..how do you expect to be able to reach out to the masses??? Think about all those auntie and uncle fans you would be able to reach out to once you learn how to converse in mandarin fluently. I highly recommend you watching "hua yu cool!", Wed nights 8pm on channel 5. You'll benefit a lot from it, trust me.
Sorry, don't wish to put you down, but as a friend and superstar, I tell you this out of love.

11/2/05 10:03 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Anonymous 1: Well..I don't want to waste precious time talking about it. Where's the evidence? Aniwei, I will let time do the telling:P

Anonymous 2: Wld appreciate if u leave ur Chinese name behind so that my mgr can put us into future contact. I have a chinese blog esp catered to my Chinese-speaking fans. But thx for ur concern, and like what all superstars say to their fans....i love you too.

11/2/05 10:04 PM  
Blogger eeky said...

hey gal! i dedicated a long post to u on my bloggie but then i dunno if u saw it. if in case u cldn't see it, let me know and i'll copy and paste here or sth. :P

happy vday!

14/2/05 1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home