Sunday, January 09, 2005

Talkative

Yakking (verb): an all-time favourite activity. The scene gets vibrant at the beginning of each sem and peaks especially when elated, sad, bored, stressed, busy, free, et. al



If my primary/secondary and maybe even JC teachers see me now, they must be wondering how their judgement were so wrong. Without fail, comments in the report book always meandered around the adjective 'quiet'. One worried teacher was even perturbed enough to call my mum up to alert her about my silence.

The past three days, I have spent 5 hours talking on the phone, up to 8 hours each day sparring on MSN and an equal or more time chatting face-to-face friends. Whoa...I have evolved a long way from the 'very quiet, needs to speak up more' girl, haven't i?

Am i trying to prove them wrong? Or am I just a late starter in this area? Have I changed? Or have circumstances changed me? Is this for the better, or for worse?
Is there an all-of-the- above choice?

It's funny how some friends commented recently how reticent I am. Considering the hours I devote to talking, does the argument extend that I have been spouting thrash all these while? Probably...I have to admit. Pronounced guilty of lots of gossiping. Gotta repent. Gonna set a curfew for myself on MSN again. Hopefully, won't go into relapse till the term ends.

Coming back to the question, well, I suppose at heart, I am still quiet about some personal matters, alright, maybe more than 'some', okay fine, probably most. I just dun like/feel comfortable about voicing them. Perhaps, I am just overpossesive of them as my problems, my woes, my privacy or maybe, I just dunno how to express them well. It's so much easier to throw a cloak around these matters and talk about light, frivolous stuff like eye candies rite?*wink* So don't probe, will ya?

Addendum: Thank all you readers for your participation in the guessing game. The contest has ended and cranberrymist looks forward to your continual support. :)


1 Comments:

Blogger eeky said...

u know, i dun think u were always quiet. at least, not with frens. i remember how ms tang (surely u remember her!!) was forever tryg to shut us up to the effect that she stopped us from sitting together. haha. still, i don't think it always worked.

anyway, wonder how's she now. still as protective of her belongings as ever...i guess. :P

9/1/05 1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home