Sunday, January 23, 2005

Relapse

My handphone has gone into relapse once again leaving the entire left row of the keypad absolutely insensitive to touch and me, severely handicapped from messaging. Note i said once again- this is probably the 8th or 9th time this has happened during my one year plus with it.I dun even dare utter a word about its misfunctioning at home anymore- not after I chose not to heed the countless offers/advice/ warnings from family and friends to trade-in the phone whenever the problem creeps up.

How do I explain my reluctance/my failure to react time and again? I should be all too familiar with its temperament to trade it in when it resumed functionality, when it can fetch a higher price. Yet, I never did learn my lesson. Whenever it miraculously regains sensitivity again, my resolution melts and all its past trespasses are forgotten and forgiven. All is fine once again as I fervently and furiously flex my fingers on its keypad. However, I like the new, pretty, slick models that have surfaced after it, no matter how much I have contemplated getting more attractive brands, I have this special attachment to this phone, my phone, the phone that has accompanied me through a turbulent year or so.

Should I let go? Write a promise somewhere that when/if it ever works properly again, I should trade it in immediately? I dun think I will do that... for love is blind isn't it? Try replacing the 'it' for a he and it sounds like the all too familiar, real-life story one hears of this gal waiting for a guy that's totally doesn't deserve her allegiance? Whom you wonder why she's so silly? Whom, you think you would NEVER be because she's just so insane while you are rational, know when to let go... Don't be too quick to judge.

Meantime, I am clinging on to the glimmer of hope for my hp's recuperation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home