Sunday, May 15, 2005

The Reason...

Yes! It's a new entry and nope, it's not another song lyrics this time round:)

Thought I better add a new entry so that my frens out there have something to take their boredom out on, to entertain themselves with (esp for a particular anonymous who has a tendency to check blogs during class:P), to laugh at and to add comments to. So noble huh? *blushes*

Well, to be frank, it's cos I am afraid people will 1) get impatient and give up checking on my blog, 2) forget my blog link 3) my blog address gets replaced in their address histories by other blog addresses 4) stop reading my blog or 5) as E threatened, Blogger closes my account. *shudder*

You know,competition is very stiff as it is in the blogging world, - with bloggers out there fighting to gain readership, support and participation from their readers.

What with earnest blogging newbies spoiling the market with a minimum of 3 blog entries per day, others posting lots of colourful food pictures and reviews to tempt readers with virtual gastronomic feasts and some offering precious recommendations and tips for travel, shopping, haircut, wine and dine and lifestyle choices. And well, to add to that, which readers won't oogle at the splash of vibrant photos of photogenic babes and dudes or be attracted to the constant refreshing reinvention/face-lift of blog appearances to surprise the readers and keep them coming back for more?

So ya, for the plain looking, wordy blog that I have sans sexy tongue-twirling poses, pretty faces, attractive photos and pictures, and changes in blog appearances, I feel threatened by all these competitors and thought I had better be more accountable to the readers of my blog.

Haven't blogged for sometime, and while I am on that, might as well add that I haven't shopped, read, written and exercised for the longest time too...

Typical reasons people give for not blogging are:
a) Being too busy with too much things to do
b) Having no time
c) On travel with no internet access
d) Life's boring and nothing's happening or...
e) Exciting things are happening at lightning speed to be penned down.

My answer is: All of the above except e). Nah, sorry to disappoint you'll, frens. Not gonna be sending out invitations or making any public announcements soon. *Roll eyes*....c) is nearing though:P...and for the rest of the time, I am oscillating between a), b) and d).

a) and b) is when: Ideas, thoughts and feelings fleet through and fill my mind but are forgotten by the time I am at the screen or I lose my interest, my stand, my opinions half way through and these entries are left abandoned. Not to mention my long- overdue-not- started 9 pages worth of articles that give me the guilt trip whenever I start blogging .

d) is when: I am busily occupied with being a gd citizen by making regular contributions to the food and beverage sector, putting my waistline through numerous endurability and stress tests, living out scenes in novels and movies- of peope watching, indulging in good food and dessert, enjoying intimate company and cosy girls' chat.

So no, I did not quit from the blogging scene. And yes, there will be a number of food reviews coming up ....someday. But meantime, any kind sponsors from Haach, Marie France Bodyline or the fitness centres?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA. I sense some incredulity at newbie blogger's adrenalin! haha. It will slow down lah. hee. - purplefreak! seeeya REAL soon. :)

15/5/05 11:19 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

Yes.. thank goodness... u show some signs of life! I thot u gave up blogging and gonna start a lyric library! haha...

Wah.. Somebody so busy.. wonder busy with wat? Um... ;)

Well, if making some bucks $$$.. dun forget to give me a treat..
if looking for part time job or career swtich.. all the best!
if playing for some production.. Keep up the good job! I adore ur talent!

15/5/05 11:36 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Purplefreak: Yes, I observed there are signs of slowing down already. But ur blogs are still timely and meaningful reminders for me. Appreciate them much:)

Maddy: Thanks gal for keeping me entertained all these while with your faithful blogging day aft day. Hope my lengthy, wordy blog was a panacea for ur insomnia.

16/5/05 6:31 AM  
Blogger J said...

it's been so long!!! i miss ur blogging. heh. and then u suddenly reappeared with a great entry on the cut-throat world of blogging. glad to have u back cranberry! no more looking at the same entry with day after day of checking. more entries pls...

16/5/05 11:14 PM  
Blogger Cranberrymist said...

Yes, J. I hope i'm getting it back. But you can't stop blogging pls, cos u r my official blog link. For photos n reviews, I will be directing them to your mktpl:)

18/5/05 7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home